Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are the principles Heroes Assembled is based on. The basis for our rules and policies. They tell us whether a change goes against the spirit of the game.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- Everyone should be treated equally, whether player or staff.
- Personal lives of players and staff are not the business of the game.
- Staff are players who volunteer to help the game and the other players.
- Players should be empowered as much as possible without conflicting with the mission statement.
- Staff should help players find ways to make their stories work. Try to find a way to say yes.
- Staff should deal positively and transparently with players and should include them in discussions as much as possible.
- Except in cases where it violates personal privacy or storylines, staff should explain their decisions.
- When saying no, we should be able to express which part of this mission a 'yes' would conflict with.
- Maintain a superhero-centric, Marvel+DC merged theme that feels like a mainstream movie or high point run of main characters
- Center the theme on the most desired characters while limiting exclusion or impact on other characters.
- Some characters set theme and tone more than others. The more a given character does, the more they must portray canon core concepts of the character.
- Gameplay should focus on growth of a character's story, not on maximizing their sheet.
- Applying for a character should be swift.
- Problems should be dealt with transparently, and early before they have time to grow worse.
- Problems pertaining to individual behavior should be handled with the individuals rather than global rules
- Global rules restricting players should be limited to cases that policing individual behavior will not suffice.
- When dealing with problems, talk with people, not about. Reinforce positive behavior. Always front end what the talk is going to be about.