|Drax the Destroyer|
|Drax (Scenesys ID: 1997)|
|Superalias:||Drax the Destroyer|
|Groups:||Guardians of the Galaxy of the Galaxy|
|Apparent Age:||48||Actual Age:||48|
|Date of Birth||03 May 1972||Played By||David Bautista|
|Height:||Very Very Large||Weight:||All the lbs|
|Hair Color:||Skull||Eye Color:||Red-Ringed Blue|
A former intergalactic criminal, Drax is a Kylosian notorious for going on a vengeance spree on Ronan's associates in his mission to avenge the deaths of his wife and daughter at the hand of Ronan. This brute is definitely armed and dangerous.
* 03 May 1972: Drax was born on Kylos.
* 7 yrs - Winter's Solstice 1979: At his Abzolom (a coming of age ceremony), Drax decided to join the Ombdoe clan, one that was dominated most by warriors, even by Kylosian standards.
* 7-15 yrs 1979-1987: Trained-by-trial in combat by his clan.
* 15 yrs - Winter 1987: While waiting to ambush the enemy, Drax's war party was ambushed by a clan of hyena-like (but bigger creatures indigenous to Kylosia. It immediately alerted the enemy, who rallied to pinch them in. Drax singlehandedly defeated the beasts, allowing his clansmen to survive the battle. This solidifies his place as a strong warrior in the clan.
* 18 yrs - Summer 1990: Hovat, of the Edin clan visits one of a war rally for a neighboring clan, the Omdoe clan. A member of the Omdoe clan, Drax first saw her not-dancing like the dead and he knew. She was the one for him.
* 20 yrs - Winter 1992: Is accepted into an elite unit of the clan's fiercest warriors that took on high risk missions using berserker guerrilla tactics.
* 28 yrs - Summer Solstice 2007: Hovat and Drax are married on the eve of what Kylosians call the Millennia of the Reckoning. Beginning Midsummer's Eve, their wedding feast lasted 24 days, the whole of the Midsummer's festivities.
* 33 yrs - Winter 2012: Kamaria, their daughter is born after a typical 5 year Kylosian gestation.
* 46 yrs - Spring 2018: Ronan the Accuser kicks off Thanos' campaign to balance life across the galaxy through genocide of 50% of all population.
* 47 yrs - Summer Solstice 2019-2020: Kamaria, only 7 years old and Hovat are killed in Ronan's crusade. Drax swears vengeance against Ronan and goes on a rampage, slaying 22 and injuring 40 (some casualties) of Ronan's associates across a 9 month period and several planets, earning enough notoriety to become known as "The Destroyer." During this period he fell in with the criminal element to aid in his quest, paying his way with a few short muscle jobs in exchange for information or a ride and a cold meal. With his brutal guerrilla style, it was easy for him to dirty up his fighting to adjust to his new environment.
* 47 yrs - Autumn 2020: Upon hearing about Drax on the grapevine, Nebula tracks him down in hopes of forming an alliance against her sister. She manages to convince him that Thanos is the real enemy and Ronan just his puppet. Nebula did not reveal to Drax her relation to Thanos. Drax joins Nebula on her hunt to kill Gamora while continuing to destroy Ronan's allies along the way.
* 47 yrs - Summer 2020: Nova Corps picks up Drax and Nebula, tossing them into an interstellar prison named The Kyln. By this time, their names precede them. It only takes a single rumormonger to start the mill. Rowdy as all heck, a series of challenges from other inmates and a gang that don't go well for the inmates solidifies their rep as the baddest in the Yard.
* 47 yrs - Summer's End 2020 - 2 weeks ago: Nebula and Drax break out of prison to continue their quest for Gamora's head while Ronan's campaign across the galaxy is still raging strong.
Drax is ready for anything at any time and often has a good time doing it, but he's also got the mettle to stick by even when the rides aren't going to end well.
Drax's humor is alive and well. When he's not full of rage and anger for the death of his wife and daughter (always), he's known to have a good laugh at someone else's expense. Drax has been known to find the most harrowing experiences to be downright hilarious or the best Saturday night ever.
First to jump into a fight, first to jump out of the back of a ship, first to jump into a monster's maw, first to aggro boss fights early.
Anyone Drax considers family, he will go to the grave for. It'd be a welcome honor on his way to reunite with his wife and daughter.
I do not dance.
Kylosians are a literal humanoid species. Drax often runs into faux pas from not being able to parse metaphors, idioms often sailing right over his he-*snatched with superhuman reflexes* NOT POSSIBLE.
Drax will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. His mental fortitude is unparalleled and he carries a singularity of purpose that cannot be shaken.
Drax is quite agile for a big guy and even more so than any non-powered human. With fast reflexes, swift feet, and the ability to jump high or leap great distances. He has the ability to jump a building 1-2 stories high and the furthest he's jumped happened while on a Kylosian hunt for a massive predator ravaging local herds. That jump easily hovered around 100 feet.
Superhuman endurance is required to last through Kylosian battles provided by adrenal and metabolic differences. Even a one on one combat can last a long time on account of their durability which has had an influence on his techniques. Because of this, Drax is able to fight in a berserker's rage for extremely long times. That said, whether this style is beneficial or harmful is highly circumstantial.
Drax has the ability to heal rapidly from his wounds. Got punctured by some beast's horn? Gonna go 'walk it off.' He is able to repair damage to organs and vessels quickly, but it is untested whether he can do things like regrow organs or limbs wholesale given no one's been able to rip or cut an arm so far. A multitude of injuries at once is likely to slow him down for longer because after his injuries seem to not all heal in parallel once there's enough damage which allows enemies to take advantage of attacks that chain react or sustained massive damage that can penetrate his skin. He still feels just as much pain as anyone else when something manages to damage him.
Drax is freakishly strong, even for his size. He can rip machines, metal, etc, a part with his barehands. He can dispatch enemies like rag dolls singlehandedly. As far as he's tested, he can do bigger things like manipulating a school bus, but doing things like trying to catch one is likely to just drive him into the ground. Feats like pushing huge objects require effort and time, which make him vulnerable to attack.
Drax's skin and musculoskeletal system are so durable he can survive attacks from any of the big hitters. He can get t-boned by a ship and jump back into a fight immediately. While the limits of this haven't been tested, he has enough durability that even if he cared about dying, he wouldn't effectively worry about dying, though this would also be due to his personality. His ability to inexorably survive and keep coming back is the core power that makes him formidable. Most of this is achieved through durability and not healing. Blunt force trauma, fire, electricity is basically just not that traumatic to exterior.
Drax started out at a very young age in a warrior clan in an already very warlike culture where most disputes default to finding resolution out of physical altercations. He eventually ended up in an elite fighting force within his clan that specialized in blitzkrieg like attacks and guerrilla warfare tactics. While on his quest to avenge his wife and daughter, Drax's style has gotten a bit more rough-and-tumble, leaning heavy into no-holds bar fighting. Sure there's blood everywhere, but It's not his fault all these aliens are so squishy or not squishy enough. Drax has also picked up a lot more skill with new toys like various heavy weapons, but he is by no means an expert. If he can't get something to work, he'll just use it as a club. His super strength and durability powers allow him to wield exotic weapons at times. In hand-to-hand combat with martial artists (ones with powered reflexes especially) Drax is likely to be at a disadvantage.
Drax is well aware of how formidable he is. While his intention is more for his own amusement, he's still skilled at wielding intimidation to his advantage when it sticks in battle.
Drax will always have backup from his fellow Guardians.
Drax got his title "The Destroyer" after kicking off his singlehanded vengeance spree against Ronan and his associates for the deaths of his wife and daughter. During a 9 month period, he has slayed 22 and injured over 40 associates and allies of Ronan the Acuser, was thrown in The Kyln (prison), and escaped with Nebula after only 3 months of imprisonment. In prison, his reputation was further solidified by fighting off a series of attacks from the prison population which was exploited during the escape. While Drax isn't the type to lead people, his fresh reputation as a brutal intergalactic criminal can be leveraged by allies to do things like recruit criminals or get information.
Drax's favorite 'weapon of choice' are his nice long knives. He keeps them very sharp. He received these when he was age seven at his Abzolom (a ritualistic coming of age/right of passage ceremony). Regardless of the focus of their clan, every Kylosian goes through a trial in which they must retrieve a weapon from the lair of one of Kylos' legendary beasts. All Kylosians born on the same day go on a pilgrimage to deal with the beast together. The type of weapon for each kid is chosen by the clan leader. The origin of the knives are unknown, but they .urability and balance are something to make any knife wielder or forger jealous.
Miscommunication can be a big deal when things really count. Given Drax's species taking everything literally, having to clarify plans couched in idiom could waste precious time, mislead to do something completely unintended, or he could lead others to do so in a telephone relay of information.
Drax is easy to manipulate toward anger and rash actions when someone involves his dead daughter or wife.
A lot of Drax's powers and the way he utilizes them create situational weaknesses. Throwing a whale or some equivalent but more useful feat requires wind-up time and leaves him vulnerable. His hyper healing can make torture and death rather excruciating.
Drax can drown, it would take a long time, and it would be a horrible death. If he could be kept under.
First to jump into a fight, first to jump out of the back of a ship, first to jump into a monster's maw, first to aggro boss fights too early. Drax can be baited into and pick fights he can't win. While he might survive these fights, his allies might not.
To Refresh Character's Log List Click Here. Then hit the resulting button to dump the old cached list.
Drax has 22 finished logs.
|Plotting||March 8th, 2021||Groot makes a bit of language progress with Drax and tries to figure out a way to stop Nebula from destroying his chocolate without hurting her. He may have a plan.|
|The Crystal Mines of Sector 70-6-8B||February 10th, 2021||The Baron is beheaded, the Crystals are stolen, and the crew have some soul searching to do. Ronan the Accuser also has some searching to do...|
|The Robber Baron of Sector 70-6-8B||February 5th, 2021||The Guardians arrive at a theme park moon in hopes of stealing riches. Instead, they discover the entire place is one big scam and they're the real prize.|
|Milano Tales: Hitch'n a Ride||January 10th, 2021||The Milano meets some of the wildlife in an asteroid field while hiding from the Nova Corp.|
|So Long Erf!||January 6th, 2021||The Guardians blast off!...with varying opinions about Earth and its people. Music is had. Drax leaves a present behind. Gamora's toughness is questioned. It's possible Nebula was replaced by a doppelganger.|
|Bar Hopping With Rocket||January 2nd, 2021||Members of the Guardians go out for alcohol. It gets weird.|
|Beware of Schmeeps||December 21st, 2020||The Schmeeps were stopped. The world was saved. More or less.|
|We were meant to get provisions||December 12th, 2020||Nebula stole a Safeway truck full of food. Provisions restocked. The truck has been dumped in to the bay off of Titan's island. Peter wants to go get sourbread from the city.|
|Bake sale for up and coming Superheroes!||December 11th, 2020||The bake sale was a huge success! Lots of money was raised for up and coming superheroes in New York City! Well it was a huge success other than the VERY obviously fake Doc Oc imposter in a poorly made, paper machet and one piece spandex suit, with dime store goggles trying to rob the money box.. his brief and failed heist ended after he lost his temper and punched Drax with all of his might... right in the stomach. With a very broken hand, the would-be criminal cried, and wept all the way to the hospital! Kamala Khan's donated sweets are also a huge hit! It was a good day and the money will reach the heroes who need it!|
|Rocket's Reluctance||December 7th, 2020||Drax drags Rocket out of the Milano, leading them to Centennial Park in Metropolis. There, they meet someone with strange yet familiar traits, and learn of protein bars. They also attempt to establish a cover story.|
|Close Encounters of the Guardian Kind||December 4th, 2020||Ship repairs begin on the Milano and the Space Cops show up. Also there was pizza.|
|Return of the Titans, with a Guardians assist||December 2nd, 2020||Titans and Guardians work out how to get the former home. The Universal Church of Truth has other plans. All escape. All narrowly avert disaster. The Titans return, with visitors from outer space.|
|Titans and Guardians.||November 30th, 2020||The Guardians of the Galaxy meet the Titans, who seem to be really *angry* at pirates. Rocket seems to be really *angry* about everything.|
|Common Area Chat||November 21st, 2020||Drax surprises Mantis with a gift.|
|Opening Salvo||November 17th, 2020||Rocket plays a practical joke on Drax. Drax tries on a bikini top and sees what life with a goatee might be like. Drax laughs, and Rocket stops laughing.|
|Juice||November 11th, 2020||Gamora finds out about Drax's personal mission, or at least some of it.|
|Delayed Plans||November 5th, 2020||Groot joins Drax on his mission to get revenge on Thanos for his family's slaughter. Drax fails to mention details of his eye-for-an-eye plan.|
|FOR FREEDOM! FOR STEAKMEEEAT!||October 25th, 2020||Drax and Rocket go foraging for food in a galactic way station. Quill trusts his instincts, but are they good enough? Enough to get some steakmeat.|
|Distress Signals||October 12th, 2020||The guardians bump into and yell at each other until someone seeks them for help. A long road trip begins!|
|Guarding which Galaxy||October 2nd, 2020||Guardians show off their sweet guardian skills|
|Guardians of the shotgun seat||September 30th, 2020||The Guardians all hang out in the cockpit.|
|Goo Ard Ians of the Gal Acksy||September 29th, 2020||Peter, Gamora and Drax all chip in to design their symbol.|
To Refresh Character's Log List Click Here. Then hit the resulting button to dump the old cached list.
Drax has 22 finished logs.
|No logs submitted yet.|