Victor Von Doom
|Victor Von Doom (Scenesys ID: 658)|
|Name:||Victor Von Doom|
|Residence:||Castle Doom, Doomstadt, Latveria|
|Apparent Age:||54||Actual Age:||54|
|Date of Birth||12 April 1965||Played By|
|Hair Color:||Brown||Eye Color:||Brown|
|Theme Song:||Ich Will, Rammstein|
Victor Von Doom is once again the ruler of Latveria. He vanished in 2012 without a trace, and Latveria fell to chaos and ruin in civil war as a result. However, in 2018 he returned, more powerful and terrifying than ever, uniting Latveria under his rule once again. Now, he is rumored to be looking outward, advancing his old schemes before his disappearance...
* 1965: Victor von Doom was born in a Romani camp to outside Haasenstadt, Latveria.
* 1971: Cynthia, Victor's mother, killed following an errant bargain with Mephisto, consigning her soul to his realm.
* 1973: Werner, Victor's father, is falsely accused of murdering a noblewoman and dies of exposure in the wilderness.
* 1981: An excellent student, Victor comes to America on a scholarship and meets Reed Richards. A friendly rivalry ensues.
* 1983: Victor expelled from school after an explosion from his dorm room leaves him scarred. He blames Reed for the failure to rescue his mother and vows revenge.
* 1984: Wandering the Earth, Victor found a small sect of Tibetan monks, learning sorcery and forging his suit of armor there.
* 1988: Taking advantage of Soviet weakness, Victor leads a revolution in Latveria, overthrowing the leadership and becoming sole ruler.
* 1990: In response to Reed Richards forming the Fantastic Four, Victor leads his Flying Fortress in an attack on the Baxter Building.
* 1994: Victor discovers a young Latverian boy named Kristoff Vernard. Victor takes him and names him his heir.
* 2002: After assisting Reed with some medical conditions of Sue, Doom eases off on his vendetta.
* 2011: Doom leads Latverian forces against the Alien Alliance, rallying Europe in Earth's defense.
* 2012: Doom vanishes from the world. Rumor has it he is seeking out his mother in Mephisto's realm. Kristoff takes over as leader.
* 2014: Beset on all sides as foreign interests encroach, civil war breaks out in Latveria. Kristoff is deposed, and a puppet monarch is installed in Latveria.
* 2018: Doom returns, his mother absent but his wrath terrible as he exterminates the pretenders to his throne.
* 2019: Solidifying his control of Latveria, Doom looks to finish what he has begun...
Doom is quite possibly the most arrogant being on the planet Earth. He talks about himself in the third person quite often, and he also believes that he is the rightful ruler of Earth and that it would be so much easier if everyone just submitted to his will. The fact that he might actually be right about that doesn't help...
Code of Honor:
While Victor is a ruthless dictator, he prefers to think of himself as a man of honor. Though, he's not above cheating if the situation calls for it. Particularly if dealing with the accursed Richards (see Weaknesses), as well... if Richards was really worthy, he would be able to notice the cheat and avert it, yes?
Though Victor keeps it secret, the fact remains that he appears to be half the age of what he should be, and his body is that of a man in his mid twenties. Also, he is in peak physical condition and has amazing reflexes and strength, even without the armor. These are due to the Dark Pacts he has made while he was not the ruler of Latveria (see weaknesses).
Doom is an accomplished sorcerer, and could easily be considered a peer of such notables as Doctor Strange or Doctor Fate. He originally learned the mystic arts from his mother and her ties to demons, but expanded that knowledge by traveling through time and learning from luminaries like Morgan le Fay. His magical powers include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Mystical Blast: Doom can fire mystical bolts of enough force to pulverize an armored vehicle, though they can be scaled to lower power.
* Force Field: Doom can generate a personal force field, or create a barrier to protect himself and others.
* Summoning: Doom can summon a horde of demonic minions to temporarily do his bidding.
* Reverse Magics: Doom can undo enchantments and other magical effects by unraveling the magic within.
* Teleportation: Doom can travel to other places and dimensions by teleportation.
* Binding: Doom can constrain opponents, and also mystically bind otherworldly creatures to do his will.
Doctor Doom is a skilled artist and pianist, and he does try to find time to perform and relax by himself, or those few that he trusts to see him with his guard down.
During his time studying in Tibet, Doom was trained heavily in the martial arts. He is skilled in numerous techniques, both armed and unarmed, and is more than a match for most opponents in a single fight, even without his magic and armor.
Doom is a brilliant politician and speaks the truth (as he sees it) to his people. While most dictators would be resented, his efforts on behalf of his people make him very popular among his countrymen. The fact that Latveria is second only to Wakanda in its technological advancement and quality of life doesn't hurt either.
Doom is a master of weapons design, and has created weapons to specifically counter his enemies on numerous occasions. For example, one time Doom created a magnetic polarity controller to counteract Magneto's powers and even use Magneto's powers against him.
The most dangerous thing about Doctor Doom is his intellect. He is easily one of the most brilliant minds on the planet. Doom has created thousands of devices, including a working time portal, and his army of Doombots that help enforce his will over Latveria. Doom's fields of study include (but are not limited to): physics, robotics, cybernetics, genetics, biochemistry, weapons design, and temporal manipulation.
Doctor Doom is a man of focus, commitment, and sheer will. He can resist psychic attacks from the most powerful mentalists on Earth, and refuses to be controlled by anyone other than himself.
Doctor Doom has his trademark suit of titanium armor, which is actually a nuclear fusion-powered, computer-assisted battlesuit. The original was mystically forged in Tibet, but he has made numerous upgrades since:
* Enhanced Strength - Doctor Doom can easily lift 40 tons in the armor.
* Durability - a combination of force field technology and titanium construction make this armor impervious to all but the mightiest of attacks.
* Communicator - Doctor Doom can contact any of his bases or agents on Earth through his armor.
* Electrical Field - Doom can generate a Tesla Field with his armor, causing a point-blank electric shock that can stun most enemies.
* Flight - Doom can use jet-boots to fly with unlimited range
* Concussive Blast - Doom can fire powerful bolts of concussive force through his gauntlets.
* Sensor Systems - Doom can use telescopic and microscopic vision while wearing the armor, as well as seeing in the infrared spectrum. Additionally, the sound sensors are very acute, allowing Doom to sense even the slightest noises, even those that humans might not perceive.
* Environmentally Sealed - The armor allowed Doom to survive indefinitely in the vacuum of space or underwater, thanks to advanced air purifiers and recycling units.
Doctor Doom has a literal army of Doombots, advanced AI robots that all think they are Doctor Doom, and can easily impersonate the Doctor when needed. Or even when not, as they only stand down when in the presence of another Doombot or Doctor Doom himself. Doctor Doom has actually impersonated a Doombot on occasion, just to pull some subterfuge and surprise his enemies. If Doctor Doom is ever believed to be killed, it's more likely to have been a Doombot in his place.
Ruler of Latveria:
Doctor Doom is, once again, the rightful and sole ruler of Latveria. As such, he has diplomatic immunity (which he delights in exercising) and also has access to a retinue of loyal generals and advisors to help him navigate international affairs.
In an effort to release his mother from her torment in Mephisto's Realm, he made a pact with Mephisto. His youth was restored, and he returned to Latveria to rule. However, Doom is all too aware that the other shoe will likely drop with such an entity, and is planning ways to counteract Mephisto's inevitable betrayal.
Doom can easily be manipulated by using his sense of superiority against him. This is particularly true of his longtime nemesis Reed Richards. Often even a hero can obtain Doom's assistance by noting that Reed couldn't figure it out, or they might ask Reed instead for help.
Even though Doom helped save Susan's life when Reed could not, thus making Doom feel truly superior to Reed... Doom still measures himself against Reed. Anything that Reed can do, Doom /must/ do better, to prove that he is superior.
Even though Doom's youth has been restored (and his appearance is unscarred), Doom cannot bear to show his face to the world. He must continue to hide his face as he could not think of what people would see of him without his mask.
To Refresh Character's Log List Click Here. Then hit the resulting button to dump the old cached list.
Victor Von Doom has 33 finished logs.
|No Disintegrations!||August 31st, 2020||Val lets Doom know not to turn her new interest to ash.|
|Matters of Verdant Royalty||August 21st, 2020||Lorna and Doom meet to discuss Genosha. Doom promises his assistance.|
|A Request from the Good Richards||August 21st, 2020||Doom offers Valeria the use of several Doombots as protection should she and Nadia find themselves in danger. He also tries to offer some wisDOOM about life.|
|Descent of the Warrior Queen||August 20th, 2020||Maxima arrives on Earth disrupting traffic and is greeted by a contingent of the World's Finest, also Doom.|
|Doom Over Gotham - Alpha||August 17th, 2020||Bats, Sparrow, Red Robin and Nightwing work together to prevent one of Doctor Doom's tests from going out of control. Minimal collateral damage, zero casualties and maximum results. That's how the Bat Family rolls.|
|Doom Over Metropolis - Pre-Alpha||August 17th, 2020||Doomdrones and Doombots attack Metropolis but the heroic efforts of America, Power Girl, Cyborg and Princess Crackaboom (Mary) save the day!|
|Genosha Burns: Resizing the People of Genosha||August 9th, 2020||The heroes restore the people from Genosha's bottles... but at what cost?|
|Happy Doom's Day Richards!||August 9th, 2020||Doctor Doom unleashes an evil new contraption upon the Fantastic Four. The 5-in-1 Doombot! Reed and Susan make short work of these Doombots and Valeria tames one for whatever hinjinx may come from that. Then Doom sits down with the family to discuss what he views as a real problem... the fact that aliens want to attack Doom's world. Oh, and Mamabear Sue makes several appearances throughout!|
|Picking Up Other Pieces||August 7th, 2020||SCIENCE! FRIENDS!|
|Picking up the pieces||August 6th, 2020||Working to save Genosha (continued in scene 2814).|
|Shadowy Introductions of DOOM||July 31st, 2020||Victor and Talia get together and begin making plans for the end of all the world's problems.|
|Doombot Diplomacy||July 27th, 2020||Lorna secures additional aid from Doom... in exchange for something to be determined later. Not ominous at all...|
|Doom on Doom||July 14th, 2020||Doom visits Coffee of Doom and receives a gift.|
|Die H4rd||July 6th, 2020||A Science Experiment Goes Wrong, but the Fire Extenguishers Work!|
|Latverian Dreams and Brainiac Things||July 3rd, 2020||Doom and his inner circle discussed what to do regarding Brainiac, and the formation of the Legion.|
|Upon a Midnight Clear||June 25th, 2020||Proposals made and accepted, and plans hatched to deal with the Brainiac threat to Doom's eventual rulership of the Earth.|
|A Latverian Interlude||June 16th, 2020||Latverian holidays are good for even Doom.|
|La-La-(tveria)-Land||June 11th, 2020||Doom and Clea head to Latveria, and lay out their official commitments. And commitment!|
|When the Sky Fell...||May 31st, 2020||A brief interlude in battle. Clea replenishes her energy stores after teleporting the army from Zod. Doom prepares to enter the fray. Rare softness displays.|
|Staying In With Knives Out||May 25th, 2020||It's an adorable movie night with a supervillain. Captain America plays a bad guy!|
|So You Want To Be A Minion||May 23rd, 2020||Felicity gets the message from Doom, as she realizes that her secret is known.|
|A Doomed View of Metropolis||May 13th, 2020||Political viewpoints exchanged peacefully. The EU could learn a few things!|
|A Doomnstration for Richards||May 12th, 2020||Doom meets Richards and delivers a warning. Clea delivers a greeting!|
|The Mask Makes The Man||April 29th, 2020||After a brief foray with Mindless Ones, Clea and Victor discuss philosophy|
|10,000 Masks, One Witch||April 23rd, 2020||No description|
|Freedom Fighters or Terrorists||April 17th, 2020||Clea and Doom catch up on a decades' long association...|
|Latverian Embassy Opening||April 9th, 2020||The Latverian Embassy opening was a grand success, acquaintances were made, and discussions were had! A glorious evening, for DOOM.|
|Cosmic Strings and Stranger Things||April 8th, 2020||Doctor Doom and Jane Foster have... a long and interesting evening, and are possibly more similar than they realized?|
|Highway to Hell Part I||April 4th, 2020||Jane has agreed to work with Doom which surely won't end badly at ALL.|
|An Unexpected Embassy Guest||April 1st, 2020||Lia gets a tour and Victor regales her with Chopin|
|On Approach to Genosha||March 11th, 2020||Doom, Zora, and Lancer complete their plans for Genosha before their arrival.|
|Latverian Aid Mission||March 8th, 2020||Doom arrived with the Flying Fortress, and set up camp in Hammer Bay. His aid was welcomed by both Lorna as well as SHIELD, and he stated that he would share what he discovered about the perpetrators of the attack...|
|Plans Are Set In Motion||February 29th, 2020||Doom and Zora finalize plans to go to Genosha to aid the survivors... and determine who did this act.|
To Refresh Character's Log List Click Here. Then hit the resulting button to dump the old cached list.
Victor Von Doom has 33 finished logs.
|No logs submitted yet.|